Ten, nine, eight, seven, six...

Happy New Year! Bella asked if she could stay up late with Mommy and Daddy because she said "I not tired". So after we tucked Sammy in for the night, we humored her and played all of her favorite games and even watch two movies, Charlotte's Web and Monsters Inc. Ah, the days of celebrating the eve of a new year with bar hopping, empty champagne bottles, and karaoke seem so long ago. But as we rocked in the new year PG style, I didn't feel like we missed out on much. We've been so worn out ourselves that I was surprised we actually made it all the way until midnight. Bella almost made it but literally clocked out with only ten minutes to go. I couldn't pass up this photo opp;)

But if I had to choose between a crowded party with music and alcohol, or a small party of four with Disney and sippy cups, I'd settle in for some Randy Newman tunes and a cold cup of Capri Sun any day! When I look back at the New Year's in my twenties, I think I had a really good time, well at what I can really remember anyway (ha). But that's what you're suppose to do in your twenties. I have to admit though that my thirties aren't that bad at all, especially since we now celebrate what we have rather than drink away what we don't.

No comments: