Bella is officially now a BIG girl, or so she reminds everyone at least half a dozen times each day. She has moved into a twin bed from her toddler bed and now she thinks she's all that! I even did my bargain hunting and deal soothing to find some nice touches to compliment her new BIG girl style. I'll tell you what, Big Lots, the Dollar General, and your local thrift store are the absolute best places to find good items for the lowest prices. Now I know most people don't have the time or patience for the challenge of hunting around for the best deal. But now-a-days I also don't know who can afford not to. And you can really find some great stuff at Big Lots and the Dollar store which would cost you almost double at regular retail stores. It can be hit or miss though, but if you're up for the challenge you do find those diamonds in the ruff. Any who, Bella wanted to girlie up her room, sort of speak. Needless to say, I was thrilled! I've been looking forward to my baby to begin blooming into a little girl, and I really had to be very careful not to go overboard with it all. So I was able to find a few accent items to really bring out the "princess" feel and give the room a completely different look than the good old Sesame Street theme she has carried for the last year or so. She was 18 monthe when she slept in her toddler bed for the first time, and she was 20 months when we moved her from the nersury into her Sesame Street room directly across the hall from our room. Now she's almost three (34 months), and we've gone from bright primary colors and familiar monster friends to pink curtains, lacey bedding, butterflies and flowers, and even a toy princess doorbell the really sounds with a "ding-dong (a Dollar General find by the way, $3.99). I was happy with my creativity, Jason was happy with how little it cost, and Bella is happy to be comfortable in her new room.
No comments:
Post a Comment